I Wish I'd Said This...

I'm with Jim Dornberg when he says that he wishes he had said this:

On Web 2.0 and other new technologies: "Change will happen when we have a reculturation of the institution of school. When we focus on what is important rather than the tools. We are like a bunch of 4th graders who have just been given math manipulatives for the first time-- we have to play and explore with them first before we can actually get down to business of using them for learning."

From the 21st Century Collaborative blog, by Sheryl Nussbaum Beach
I may not have been the first person to say it, but I'm saying it now: If teachers want to teach using technology, they must become proficient with it first.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Creative Commons License
Original content distributed on this site is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.