Twitter Vocabulary - What's The Standard?

You say to-mae-toe, I say to-mah-toh. I think it's time we standardized Twitter vocabulary. We're the educators, for crying out loud - we make the rules.

Don't we?

As far as I can tell, there aren't standard terms for the following Twitter items. I will highlight my preferences in red, but am interested in your understanding of the world of Twitter:

  • What do you call the actual types of communication that are sent via Twitter - Twits? Tweets? Twitters?
  • What do you call a person that uses Twitter - A Twitterer? A Twit? A Twitter?
  • What is the equivalent of of the word "blogosphere" in the world of Twitter - The Twitterverse? Twitterworld? The Twitter States?
I know that I will sleep better once we can get to the bottom of all this. : ) Peace out, twits.

Technorati Tags:

blog comments powered by Disqus
Creative Commons License
Original content distributed on this site is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.